Oficina C has laid out a working plan for gathering scientific-technical evidence on different topics of interest to the Deputies. This is the Method C.
Scientific production on complex topics is abundant, multidisciplinary, and constantly evolving. We follow the Method C to contextualise and summarise the available scientific and technological evidence and to produce the Reports C.
"Birrefracción". Edition: FOTCIENCIA18. Author: Miguel Toro Ferreira, Jorge Toro Ferreira, Gabriel de Jesús Suárez Rodríguez.
Feedback from interviewees
In the first Reports C we interviewed 123 scientists and experts. At the end of our collaboration, we kindly asked them to complete a short survey to find out more about their experience and their expectations from Oficina C. 66 of them responded to the questionnaire.
- 92.4% consider the implementation of Oficina CC to be appropriate or very appropriate
- 97.0% consider the working method implemented by Oficina C to be adequate or very adequate
- 98.5% consider the interview process with the Oficina C to be satisfactory or very satisfactory
- 98.5% consider the Report Cformat to be adequate or very adequate
- 100% would collaborate again and would recommend collaboration with Oficina C to their colleagues
- 86.6% have been involved in scientific advisory activities to regional or national public sector, or international organisations.
- 66.7% were not aware of any science and technology office to regional, national or supranational parliaments before they collaborated with Office C.
- 74.2% were not aware of the existence of Oficina C before collaborating with us.
- 34.9% believe that the impact of their collaboration will be important or very important in their professional career.
- 57.6% consider that the Reports C will have an important or very important impact on public policy formulation.
"I would like the report to include a bit more technical detail, but I understand the audience it is aimed at and that therefore it should avoid getting into overly technical explanations".
"The initiative is very relevant because the knowledge gathered from experts should help immensely to carry out more coherent actions at the national level".
"It would be interesting to be updated regularly on the impact and relevance of the reports in the Congress of Deputies".